Summer Watering Tips
Summer Watering Tips…Use the following watering habits to maintain a healthy law to overcome stressful periods which can induce summer dormancy.
- Avoid light, frequent watering. A more thorough watering helps turf roots to grow more deeply.
- Avoid watering too frequently as too much water can lead to disease problems
- Check your soil moisture by pushing a screwdriver into the ground. If you meet little resistance, the soil is wet. If it doesn’t push in easily, more water is needed.
- Your lawn needs a minimum of 1 ½ inches of water weekly.
- Early morning is the best time to water.
- If your lawn appears to be stressed or showing signs of summer dormancy, raise your mower height.
Practice these summer watering tips to a healthy lawn. Tips provided by www.weedmanusa.com